Bakuman – First Impressions
Bakuman is the latest anime from the same artists who created the Death Note manga. Bakuman is based on the manga of the same name.
I had checked out and read the first few chapters a few months back, and I enjoyed them. However, I didn’t keep up with them. I also haven’t been part of the anime/manga community for a while so I have no idea what the overall opinion of the manga is (it’s better that way, now I can fully enjoy the show with no previous opinions).
Okay, so here we go! First episode done.
The OP is enjoyable. The song isn’t anything too great, but totally enjoyable.
As for first episode impressions: it’s okay in my mind.
- The animation totally lacks in some areas, at times downright gross. I am hoping it picks up. It’s by J.C. Staff, which I honestly don’t know much about.
- The characters are interesting, I really like Akito Takagi. He’s funny and seems like he’ll be a good companion to Moritaka Mashiro.
- I really like the character designs. Akito looks a bit like Light, which isn’t a bad thing at all.
- The story is the best thing it has going for it. The premise is really neat. A story about two aspiring mangaka and a seiyuu. Hope it doesn’t start to drag or anything, but time will tell.
- I like the humor, it’s pretty apparent in some areas and had me laughing quite a bit.
I like the ED more than the OP, but it’s all good.
In the end, I would say I enjoyed the first episode of Bakuman. I’ll keep tuning in, if not just to stick around because I enjoyed Death Note.